At a very basic level, a Tarot reading is born when Tarot cards are laid out in the form of a Tarot spread. The Tarot cards are placed in the positions they should sit in. The Tarot card meanings are then interpreted in the context of the spread position.
To form a reading, the reader will
- choose the Tarot spread they want to use
- shuffle their deck and spread the cards out in front of them (here’s a short video)
- choose the number of cards needed for the spread and put them in the relevant positions, one after the other
- refer to Tarot card meanings to start building up a reading
You can find all the information you need around the site including:
- An overview of Tarot cards
- An overview of both the Major Arcana and all four suits of the Minor Arcana includingWands, Cups, Swords, Pentacles
- Tarot card meanings for the all the Major Arcana cards
- Tarot card meanings for the Minor Arcana cards
- Tarot spreads with helpful guidance on how to use each spread to bring structure to a reading
Becoming a Tarot reader is a wonderful thing but it comes with great responsibilities. We work with these Code of Ethics.